labradore

"We can't allow things that are inaccurate to stand." — The Word of Our Dan, February 19, 2008.

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Pick me, Danny, I'm ever so modest!

MR. MARSHALL: Thank you, Mr. Speaker.

I guess I should say, as a Finance Minister for a little over a year and as a Finance Minister in the government of Premier Danny Williams, that government has done more to lower taxes for the people of this Province than any other government in the history of Newfoundland and Labrador.

I am very pleased to be able to have an opportunity to speak to this, because there is no Finance Minister in history who lowered taxes as much as I have in one year, in the one Budget I have done.

Yesterday we announced that we are going to continue on that trend, when we announced that we are going to eliminate the mandatory and unfair and hated 15 per cent tax on insurance premiums.

Shouldn't "we" be capitalized?

And isn't Danny Williams a Member of the House of Assembly, and therefore not to be mentioned by name during debate, as per long-standing Parliamentary - oh, who cares anymore.

Certainly not the Speaker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home