labradore

"We can't allow things that are inaccurate to stand." — The Word of Our Dan, February 19, 2008.

Monday, May 18, 2009

On personal attacks

Danny Williams on Roger Grimes, as quoted by Moira Baird, the Telegram, May 14, 2002:
For the premier [Grimes], it's all been about personal attacks. Obviously, we've struck a nerve with him.
Danny Williams as quoted by Barb Sweet on the eve of the 2003 election, the Telegram, September 13, 2003:
I don't intend to get in any personal attacks.
Danny Williams, in his "State of the Province" address to the St. John's Rotary Club, February 5, 2004:
It is deeply sad to see some union leaders engaged in unwarranted, vicious personal attacks on me, my family and other members of my government ... such actions do not help build goodwill.
Danny Williams, in the House of Assembly, December 14, 2004
He made all kinds of accusations about myself, about people I have been involved with in business, bringing in people’s names who have nothing to do with this Legislature, innuendo, slander, name calling, personal attacks. He should have gotten a message at the end of the last election as to what people thought of his tactics over the last three years and he is right back to them again. So he is obviously on the same track. It is getting him absolutely nowhere. The people are not responding to it. They do not want to see it. They do not want to hear it. Why don’t you get on with issues that are important?
Danny Williams, as quoted by Rosie Gillingham, the Telegram, March 6, 2006
I didn't want to get into vicious, personal attacks. That's not the way to handle it.
Danny Williams, in interview with the Telegram's Craig Jackson, July 14, 2006:
I can't be governed by fear, I can't be governed by name-calling, I can't be governed by personal attacks.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home