labradore

"We can't allow things that are inaccurate to stand." — The Word of Our Dan, February 19, 2008.

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Both sides now (II)

With totally insincere apologies to Joni Mitchell:


Reams and reams of documents,
Letters in and emails sent.
“Let’s stick it to the government!”
— I used to think that way.

But now the ATIPs ruin my fun,
And no real work is getting done,
So I’ll obstruct them, every one.
They won’t get in my way

I’ve looked at FOI from both sides now,
From in and out, and still somehow,
That FOI’s a nuisance overall.
I really don’t like FOI at all.
CBC and Telegram,
I do not give a flying damn,
That ATIP Act is such a sham,
I look at it that way.

I wish you all would shut your trap,
And can the pessimistic crap.
Oh, ram it down your blasted yap,
Why can’t you go away?
I’ve looked at FOI from both sides now,
From here and there, and still somehow
It just annoys me overall.
I really don’t like FOI at all.
Those ATIP forms are ludicrous,
All those requests so frivolous,
They just want dirt to use on Us.
Well no sir, not today.

And sure, I once preached openness,
Accountability, I’d stress.
But I’m consumed and so obsessed
With ATIPs every day.
I’ve looked at FOI from both sides now,
From left and right, and still somehow,
My promises I don’t recall.
I really don’t like FOI at all.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 12:37 AM, September 17, 2009 , Blogger One Woman said...

Despite the fact that our province is in crisis regarding access to information, I do appreciate your poetry.

 
At 1:26 AM, September 17, 2009 , Blogger WJM said...

You must have missed the memo from Ross Wiseman. You are not allowed to use the word cr-s-s.

 
At 7:56 AM, September 17, 2009 , Blogger Peter Jackson said...

Too funny.

 
At 7:59 AM, September 17, 2009 , Blogger Winston Smith said...

You made me laugh too much and spit coffee out my nose, so now I have to bill the government for a new tie.

 
At 9:27 PM, September 18, 2009 , Blogger Charlie said...

Authentically funny

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home