labradore

"We can't allow things that are inaccurate to stand." — The Word of Our Dan, February 19, 2008.

Wednesday, June 02, 2010

What Russell Wangersky might be interested in

MR. HICKEY: Mr. Speaker, this particular issue I say holds, for me, a very important part of my life having grown up in Churchill Falls, educated in Labrador. I grew up all my life there. My father, as I have said in this House before, worked early in the 1960s on the Twin Falls power development - that was before even Churchill Falls was even thought about – to supply power to the communities of Wabush and Labrador City and to the iron mines that started there back in the early 1960s.

Then, in the 1970s the community of Twin Falls was moved to Churchill Falls. All of the families were moved out of there. I think it was fifteen, sixteen families were moved out of there to Churchill Falls. Of course, Churchill Falls has been there for some time, almost over forty years now, Mr. Speaker.

Mr. Speaker, I can tell you having grown up on that project – as a matter of fact Russell Wangersky from The Telegram might be interested to know that I use to deliver The Evening Telegram in those days up on the construction sites as a paper boy. I think they were paying ten cents for the regular paper and twenty cents on the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home