labradore

"We can't allow things that are inaccurate to stand." — The Word of Our Dan, February 19, 2008.

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Pick me, voters, I'm ever so modest!

From Rex Murphy's bizarro-universe interview/hagiography of Danny Williams, some more of the megalomaniac madness of King Dan:

It's not about me, it's about me

I think our popularity is based not so much on me, it's based on the fact that I think I represent in my own heart and soul the hearts and souls of Newfoundlanders and Labradorians...

Pick me, voters, I'm ever so Irish!

I'm buoyed up by Ireland.
It's someone else's fault
The wrongs of the past motivate me, I don't think we've gotten a fair shake in the eyes of the nation, I think we've got a lot to offer.
I don't care what you say about me, as long as it's nice
So far, y'know, I take criticism well, if it's good criticism.
Too late!
I've been around politics long enough to know that there's a point of diminishing returns, sometimes where you even start to believe your own nonsense, for want of a better term.
Because those people, like Labrador "Metis", don't exist...
I am not threatened by people that are brighter, or more competent, or more experienced.

1 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, October 17, 2007 , Blogger babe in boyland said...

"I am not threatened by people that are brighter, or more competent, or more experienced."

that's cos he thinks there aren't any.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home