labradore

"We can't allow things that are inaccurate to stand." — The Word of Our Dan, February 19, 2008.

Thursday, December 03, 2009

Mr. Speaker, do your job (XII)

MS PERRY: It is my pleasure to rise in this House today to speak to the Speech from the Throne which is primarily focused, I guess, on staying the course. We certainly have a lot to be proud of here in Newfoundland and Labrador, particularly under the Administration of the Williams’ government which has been leading us to prosperity; steadily but surely.

[...]

MR. HEDDERSON: Mr. Speaker, I think I have twenty minutes. If I had twenty hours I would not be able to get through the tremendous change that has been brought about here in Newfoundland and Labrador by the efforts of this government and our leader, Premier Williams.

[...]

MR. WISEMAN: You know, in October of 2007 we had a general election and look what happened. Look what happened, the people of Humber Valley recognized [...] that this is a whole new ball game now, this is not a by-election, this is a general election. Who do we want to represent us in the House of Assembly? Who was the most appropriate person to have as the leader of the Province? Who was the most appropriate person to be the Premier of Newfoundland and Labrador? Who do we want representing us? The people of Humber Valley at that time said: No, no, we do not want the person we elected in Opposition several months ago; we want a new person. We want someone who is going to be a part of the Premier Williams’ team and so they elected my colleague, the current Chair of Committees, who we saw in action today, Mr. Speaker, doing an admirable job.

[...]

In a most recent poll - I will find it here now in a second, Mr. Speaker. Most recent poll said that - they are all alike, aren’t they? I have some data here going back to 2006, I can pick any time, any time since 2006 - in fact I do not have it before me, but my memory serves me that prior to 2006, as a matter of fact since we have been elected in 2003 any time that the people of Newfoundland and Labrador have been asked about their level of satisfaction with our government it has always been eighty-seven, seventy-eight, ninety, eighty-four, eighty-two, eighty-three, consistently, Mr. Speaker, consistently. When someone says who do they want to be - when the people of Newfoundland and Labrador have been asked: Who do you want to be the Premier of the Province? Who do you prefer to have as the Premier, the current Premier or one of the leaders of the opposing parties? Do you know what they said? In 80-odd per cent of the time, every single time since 2003, they have said the current Premier, Premier Williams is the person that they want as the Premier of Newfoundland and Labrador, I say, Mr. Speaker.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home