labradore

"We can't allow things that are inaccurate to stand." — The Word of Our Dan, February 19, 2008.

Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Be Prepared. To be heckled.

Ensign Kent can't get no respect. From Tuesday in the Bow-Wow Parliament:
MR. KENT: The beauty of this legislation and our efforts to make it more consistent with similar legislation across the country is that it protects people. It protects all of us from harassment by various agencies, such as collection agencies. It protects people from telephone scams and door-to-door scams. It protects people from false investment opportunities. Certainly, it protects people from identity theft, and also from issues related to their personal credit. I could go on and on and on.

SOME HON. MEMBERS: Oh, oh!

MR. KENT: Mr. Speaker, I certainly appreciate the encouragement I am receiving from some of my colleagues to continue to go on and on and on – and I will, because I believe this is actually a very important piece of legislation.

SOME HON. MEMBERS: Hear, hear!

MR. KENT: Mr. Speaker, it has been a long day in the House, but nonetheless, I shall continue.

Mr. Speaker, how many times have you been home trying to enjoy your supper and you get a phone call to tell you that you have won a free vacation, you should enter a code on your phone and all of a sudden you are going to set sail for somewhere much warmer than where we are today? I receive e-mails all of the time suggesting that I have won a lottery in the United Kingdom, or offering me an opportunity to invest in a very confidential business deal in Nigeria or some other foreign country.

These kinds of things are going on all the time, and in this –

SOME HON. MEMBERS: Oh, oh!

MR. KENT: I am being heckled by my own colleagues, Mr. Speaker.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home