labradore

"We can't allow things that are inaccurate to stand." — The Word of Our Dan, February 19, 2008.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Train 'em early (XIII): Darin King

Dr. Darin King swats away handouts and, as a recovering educator, strongly suggests that you stop asking questions, in his maiden speech of March 19, 2008:
Members who sat in the House during the last session had a lot of tough decisions to make, and I think all of us who have been elected for the first time recognize that the first four years in government were not easy but we did create a climate, I think, of a focus on prosperity for the Province, one of sustainability and, as the Premier and all of us hope to strive for, one of self-reliance where we no longer depend on the federal government and all those who might have handouts to give us.


Certainly, I want to say that the message coming out of my district, I think, was loud and clear, at least from my perspective, loud and clear around constituent support for the vision of government, the leadership of Premier Williams, and the kind of team that we had in the last mandate and we have put together here today, and the vision we are trying to pursue and where we are trying to go in the Province. I do not think there is any question about that whatsoever.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home