labradore

"We can't allow things that are inaccurate to stand." — The Word of Our Dan, February 19, 2008.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

L.B.F.

Liar: 
MS ROGERS: ... We are talking close to 2,000 job cuts – the disappearance of close to 2,000 jobs. This is not just jobs but it is people's lives. In light of this Budget, in light of the Budget that cut so many social services, it is imperative that we have access to information about core mandate reviews on which these decisions were made, that we have access to – 
MR. KENNEDY: Liar.
Bully: 
MR. KENNEDY: ... In terms of the earliest opportunity, Mr. Speaker, I would suggest to you that the earliest opportunity has been met. Even beyond that, look at the seriousness of the matter. Look at the seriousness of the words. There is no acceptance of responsibility, in fact, I think it is rather sad, Mr. Speaker. What we are seeing here is a condonation of intimidation, bullying and threats by a former Status of Women minister, Mr. Speaker. I find that disconcerting.
Fool: 
MR. KENNEDY: You are a fool. 
MR. JOYCE: Have a glass of coke; come on.
MR. EDMUNDS: I heard the President of the Nunatsiavut Government, Mr. Speaker –
MR. JOYCE: Mr. Speaker, did you hear that? 
MR. EDMUNDS: - along with the First Minister, talk about how the rights of Aboriginal people, specifically – 
MR. JOYCE: Have a glass of coke; come on. 
MR. KENNEDY: You are a fool. 
MR. JOYCE: A point of order, Mr. Speaker. 
Mr. Speaker, I ask that the member withdraw singing out: You are a fool. I am sure that the Speaker heard it himself. If not, I ask that you check Hansard and I ask that he withdraw the remarks. I am sure the Speaker heard it, because the Speaker asked the member to stay quiet on several occasions. 
I ask the Speaker to make a ruling because this is not the place to be getting on with that childish behaviour, Mr. Speaker, and I ask that the member withdraw the remarks.
MR. SPEAKER: I ask the member to withdraw his remark, please.
MR. KENNEDY: In fact, what I said was: He doesn't have Grade 6, and he is a fool. I withdraw it. 
MR. SPEAKER: Thank you. The hon. the Member for Bay of Islands. 
MR. JOYCE: Mr. Speaker, as you know, if someone withdraws remarks it has to be unequivocal. 
Mr. Speaker, I ask that you uphold the rules and he unequivocally withdraws the remarks. He made them again, MR. Speaker, in defiance of the Speaker of the House of Assembly. 
MR. SPEAKER: I ask the hon. member to withdraw it, please. 
MR. KENNEDY: I withdraw the remarks that he is a fool. I withdraw it. That is what I said, I withdraw it. 
MR. SPEAKER: I ask the member to unequivocally withdraw the remark, please. 
MR. KENNEDY: I withdraw the remarks. You are still a fool.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home