labradore

"We can't allow things that are inaccurate to stand." — The Word of Our Dan, February 19, 2008.

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Passivity

The passive voice, or, as the politico-grammarians like to call it, the Voice of Doom:
In July of 2005 - the nineteenth or twentieth of July, 2005 - the date of the e-mails, my office, the Premier’s office, was advised and some of my staff were actually advised of the issue. I personally was not advised at that time.

...

When I am saying I was not advised, I am saying I was not advised by the Department of Health or any officials in the Department of Health. My office was advised, and officials in my office were advised.

...

So, government and government officials of the Department of Health, through Eastern Health, had the assurance that this matter was being taken care of [...]

...

What were we told? What were we being told? What information was being provided to us by Eastern Health?

...

We can only make decisions and draw conclusions on the basis of the information that is provided to us [...]

...

This matter was not discussed with me [...]

...

Mr. Speaker, there either was a briefing note provided to me in August of 2006, which came from the Department of Health.

...

The clear impression that was being given through the article and through the briefing note was that this matter was certainly under control and was being handled, and certainly no action was required from us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home