labradore

"We can't allow things that are inaccurate to stand." — The Word of Our Dan, February 19, 2008.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Liz pulls out

After about 7,688 twists, l'affaire Liz Matthews is finally adjudged newsworthy when it's over(ish). Her statement, complete with two spaces after the periods, which is wrong, concludes:
To be clear, I am not withdrawing because I feel in anyway incapable of performing this job, as I am incredibly proud of my professional accomplishments and gladly defend my abilities to the Opposition. But the politicalization of this issue has gone too far. The Opposition will attempt to claim victory; but on the contrary, they have shamefully created this debate for political purposes. I would have hoped that if Ms. Jones was sincere about wanting a qualified person for this position she would have made a legitimate attempt to find out about my abilities as opposed to spreading inaccuracies. I can only hope that in this - an election year - those who are qualified, energetic and passionate about making this province a better place will not be deterred from taking part in the political process by the unnecessary negativity that sometimes occurs.
Indeed.

After a decade working under Danny Williams, she'd know all about the unnecessary negativity that sometimes occurs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home