The slow-motion election
This chart outlines the changes in the composition of the House of Assembly since the October 11, 2011 provincial general election. (Click to enlarge.)
Each "jump" represents a change. Chronologically, from left to right, they are:
- September 13, 2012: Tom Osborne leaves the PC caucus.
- April 8, 2013: Yvonne Jones resigns (Cartwright–L’anse au Clair).
- June 25, 2013: Lisa Dempster wins by-election.
- August 29, 2013: Tom Osborne joins the Liberal caucus.
- October 2, 2013: Jerome Kennedy resigns (Carbonear–Harbour Grace).
- October 29, 2013: Chris Mitchelmore and Dale Kirby leave the NDP caucus.
- November 26, 2013: Sam Slade wins by-election.
- January 20, 2014: Paul Lane crosses the floor to the Liberal caucus.
- February 4, 2014: Chris Mitchelmore and Dale Kirby join the Liberal caucus.
- February 28, 2014: Kathy Dunderdale resigns (Virginia Waters).
- May 5, 2014: Cathy Bennett wins by-election.
- June 2, 2014: Joan Shea resigns (St. George’s–Stephenville East).
- August 26, 2014: Scott Reid wins by-election.
- September 5, 2014: Charlene Johnson resigns (Trinity–Bay de Verde).
- September ??, 2014: Terry French to resign (Conception Bay South).